Tuesday, September 10, 2013

U.S. Consulate


Today, all of the Holt families met in the lobby of the hotel at 7:40 am.  We boarded a bus that took us to the U.S. Consulate.  It was here that we all took an oath on behalf of our children and officially applied for their immigrant visa.  It was an easy process at this point and took all of five minutes once our number was called.  

I wish I had pictures to post, but no cameras (or watches or pens or any type of electronic or toys) are allowed.  This rule produced our first temper tantrum this morning.  Abby was intent on taking her stuffed animal with her to the appointment and got quite upset with me when I wouldn't allow it.  I finally had to have the guide explain to her that toys were not allowed.  She accepted that, but remained upset at me most of the morning.  She even refused to sit by me on the bus...I see a stubborn streak coming!

Regardless, Abby looked so cute in her red, white, and blue dress, but was not extremely cooperative for the camera once we returned for the hotel.  I tried to take a few pictures anyway, but never got a great shot.  Now that our consulate appointment is over, all we have to do is wait for the visa to be delivered tomorrow and then we will be on our way home!






1 comment:

  1. Certainly is a different picture of that cute little girl all dressed up in traditional Chinese dress! Looks like she is going to fit in perfectly!

    ReplyDelete