Tuesday, September 3, 2013

147 million....minus one!

Today we returned to the Civil Affairs office to finalize Abby's adoption!  I signed lots of paperwork and was interviewed by the head of Civil Affairs office.  She asked me questions like:  Why did I want to adopt a Chinese child? Was the information I had received on Abby's health correct?  How did I feel about Abby after spending 24 hours with her?  Did I promise to love her and never abandon her?

Once the interview was completed, I stamped my signature with my fingerprint in red ink and Abby stamped her hand print in red ink and it was done!  The adoption was complete and this child officially became Abigail LiRong Strickland, claimed and loved, a member of our family and an orphan no more!



After we finished at the Civil Affairs office, we went next door to a shopping mall to get some groceries.  We ended up buying new shoes for Abby as well as some food staples like bread, chips, peanut butter, jelly, and some snacks.  Shopping was lots of fun....everything was so different and interesting to look at.  



After we finished at the mall, we went back to the hotel and did a little more swimming.  



We had PB&J for dinner and we were all asleep by 9:00 pm.  Such a big day for everyone!



3 comments:

  1. The adoption story is an impressive and powerful one, something never to be forgotten..."love her and never abandon her." I imagine you were near to tears and maybe in tears! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, Thank You for sharing your family with us. I have loved seeing how happy everyone is and now your family of four. Blessing to you and the children. Can't wait to see more, when you get home. Lylas... Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! So excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete