Monday, September 2, 2013

GOTCHA!

This is the day we have been waiting for for such a long time!  We were told that we would meet Abigail at 10:30 am on Monday, September 2nd, at the Civil Affairs Office here in Taiyuan.  We left the hotel with our guide and driver about 10:00 and arrived at 10:15.  We weren't sure if Abigail would already be there or not.


This is our last picture as a family of three....


We went inside and were told that some children were already there.  We were not sure if that meant Abigail or not.  We got into a tiny elevator and went up to the fifth floor and walked into the Civil Affairs Office.  I was relieved to see that she was not there yet....I wanted to have time to set up the camera and iPad.   We were told she was in the city (her town of Changzhi is three hours away) and would be there shortly.  We took a seat by the window so we could watch for her arrival.

Within a few minutes, our guide excitedly told us that Abigail had arrived and was coming down the hall towards the office.  I wasn't sure whether I should meet her in the hallway or let her come into the room.  I hesitated a second and my guide told me to hurry, so I ended up meeting her in the doorway.  


She presented me with a small gift.  She also gave me a picture of her favorite caregiver.  Josh gave her the Curious George stuffed animal and Will gave her a Hello Kitty necklace.  She did not cry at all and actually smiled most of time.  I am completely blown away by her bravery.

We were at the Civil Affairs office for about an hour.  I signed some papers...I have no idea exactly what I signed....and we took lots of pictures.  Before long, it was time to head back.....this time, a family of FOUR!!!




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I love that smile of hers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now for life as a family of four! I know everyone is so excited. We are, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The joy on your face Jen says it all. It brings tears to my eyes and you know that's not easy to do. Can't wait for you to get home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to meet her, she is beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete