Friday, January 25, 2013

Just amazing!

I know we are right in the middle of a "God moment" and I am so excited to share it!  Here is how it unfolded....Back in October, when I was reviewing Abigail's file, I googled her special need online...up pops a blog written by a woman who adopted a little girl with a very similar need.  A few days later, I googled the name of Abigail's orphanage...and up pops the same blog.  I read it with more interest the second time, wondering if it was coincidence or not that I had found it again.  I noted that her son was adopted from the same orphanage where Abigail currently lives.  And what a surprise when I saw that this woman lives in Waycross, Georgia!  I quickly emailed her and included lots of questions.  She answered every one and I found her to be so encouraging and informative.  Her comments helped me feel comfortable with Abigail's special need and helped me feel confident that I could raise this child.  I thanked her and moved on, thankful that she had been so willing to share.  To me, this was the end...but God had more blessings to share!  

Months later, I posted on an adoption listserve.  I shared that I was adopting this child and was so excited to bring her home.  This woman from Waycross emailed me, asking for Abigail's Chinese name, thinking that Abigail and her son knew each other.  As it turns out, they not only knew each other, but they were friends in the orphanage!  The woman was able to send me lots of pictures of her son and my Abigail.  What are the chances???  It is really just unbelievable....Abigail's orphanage is in a city where few international adoptions have taken place.....ever.  And now, she and one of her best friends will be living within a few hours of each other!  I am amazed at how God continues to weave Abigail's story together!   I cannot wait for these two to be reunited!



No comments:

Post a Comment