Friday, January 18, 2013

Uh, oh!


Oh, no! Today I learned that we have hit out first real snag of the process....I emailed out social worker last week to check on the progress of the final report. She told me that she had finished and sent the report to the homestudy agency on January 10. Once the homestudy agency checks over it, they will forward it to Holt (my placing agency) for their approval.  

On January 18, since I had not heard anything from the homestudy agency, I called them to check on the progress. They informed me that they DID NOT HAVE IT! I immediately emailed the social worker, who assured me she had sent it. She quickly emailed it the homestudy agency again. In the meantime, the homestudy agency found the report....apparently, they had printed it out, but it was never given to the person who reviews the homestudies. I finally was able to speak with this woman on the phone. She agreed to move the homestudy to the top of the stack and review it quickly.  Thank goodness! Then she informs me that they do not have ANY of my paperwork. I think I just about had a heart attack on the spot! Again, a quick email to the social worker confirms that she mailed it, but the agency never received it. Luckily, I am slightly obsessive (ha) and I made copies of everything I had sent, so I only needed to recopy it all and send it out again. Now to stop payment on my check, which is also MIA....good grief! I guess it is safe to say that the devil is having fun with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment