Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It's been two weeks since I requested the updated information and still no response!  I am getting a bit nervous, knowing that Holt will have to return the file in ten days.  I got the following email today from the Family Service Coordinator at Holt:

"We are still waiting the update information from China, but the child's designation expires on Nov. 25th.  If you like to hold this child while we wait for the updates, please email the required photos/form/LOI by Nov. 19th, so that we can upload your application."


It sounds as if I can go ahead and submit my LOI (Letter of Intent), pending the review of the updated information.  This is good news!  So, what exactly is a LOI?  This is really the first official step....it is a letter written by me to the China Center for Children's Welfare and Adoption (CCWAA) expressing my intent to adopt a particular child from China.  Oh my....am I really going to do this???

No comments:

Post a Comment