Friday, October 26, 2012

After feeling really good about what the doctor said yesterday, I woke up this morning back in my state of panic.  Accepting this referral is a HUGE leap of faith....I just want to be sure that I am as prepared and knowledgeable as possible before I move forward.  I decided that it would be wise to have a pediatric orthopedist take a look at her file.  Now, it is Friday morning and I am supposed to let Holt know my decision on Monday.  I know it is going to be hard to find a doctor on a Friday who will not only agree to look at the file, but agree to look at it TODAY.  So sitting on the side of my bed, I am praying that God will make this happen, how I don't know, but praying that if this is information that I need to have to move forward, that He will somehow work it out.

So I put calls in to two orthopedic offices in Atlanta.  Each time, I find myself explaining what I need to the receptionist or worse yet, just leaving a voicemail on their answering machine.  At 2:00 pm, one office calls me back, only to say that they cannot help me.  A few minutes later, the second office returns my call.  The woman says that they do have a doctor on staff who is often willing to review information with adoptive families!  I email the information to her right away and then ask when I should expect to hear back from the doctor.  Much to my disappointment, she tells me that she had seen the doctor respond as quickly as two or three business days, but it could take up to ten days for a response.  I could not bring myself to admit that I needed the information today, so I thanked her and hung up the phone.  I said a few more prayers, but I must admit, I was feeling pretty discouraged.


At 3:50, the phone rings and it is the patient coordinator from the second doctor's office.   I could tell she was surprised to be calling....she said the doctor had already looked at the file!  She said she had never seen him do a review so quickly!  Talk about an answered prayer!!  She gave me the doctor's best guess as to what I would be looking at, orthopedically, with this child.  And now I am back to the Internet to do a little more research!


No comments:

Post a Comment