Saturday, December 5, 2015

Thursday and Friday

Thursday and Friday were both free days for us.  This has been a really busy two weeks so we were pleased to have a bit of a break.   

Thursday afternoon, we hired Ann of Red Threads to take us shopping.   We went to the Toy Market at One Link Plaza.  Words cannot express how quickly Ann shops.....there is no browsing allowed!   I made a list but I never even had a chance to get it out of my backpack!  We got silk dresses for Abby and Claire.    Each dress was between $3 and $5.   Josh got four Lego sets....each complete set costing between $5 and $10.   Will made the biggest purchase, buying a drone for $40.    I do not even really know what that is, but he was certainly excited!  

After finishing at the toy market, we headed to the Pearl Market.  I got Claire a nice pearl necklace to have when she gets older.   We also got some Christmas shopping done!



Done shopping, Ann got us a taxi and we were on our way back to the hotel.   

At 4:30, I met our guide in the hotel lobby to pick up Claire's visa to America!


This means that we are all done with paperwork!!   We can finally go home!!

Friday, we ate our last breakfast at the Garden!   I will truly miss having someone make me omelets every morning!!



After breakfast, we spent time doing a little shopping and a lot of packing!  We had a buy an extra suitcase.....all those good buys at the Toy Market have to go somewhere!!   

We leave Saturday morning at 4:30 am.  Our first flight leaves at 7:00 am out of Guangzhou.   We fly from Guangzhou to Beijing, Beijing to Seattle, Seattle to Atlanta, and then Atlanta to home.  We arrive at our local airport at 8:02 pm Saturday night.   We are all so happy to be almost home!!   




2 comments:

  1. I hope you made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great purchases for everyone. And, so little money spent. I bêt you really enjoyed that kind of shopping.

    ReplyDelete