Tuesday, January 6, 2015

What can I do?


143 million children worldwide are living without a family to call their own.

143,000,000.

Such an incredibly HUGE number...completely impossible for me to comprehend.  

Even one child without a family would be too many.  Just knowing this number leaves me feeling helpless. 

And yet....God knows every one of these children...every one.  He loves them.  His heart breaks for them.  He rejoices when a family steps up and claims one of these children.   All of Heaven must rejoice when one child, one orphan, becomes a precious, treasured son or daughter.

Meet Mariella.  Mariella is six years old in this picture....SIX YEARS OLD.  She has some undiagnosed medical needs, she has been unable to eat properly due to her condition and her health is deteriorating....FAST.   She needs a family and she cannot wait.  The reality is that without a family and access to medical care, this child will likely die in an orphanage....alone.  Can you imagine?



It's true that I cannot help 143 million children.   But there must be something I can do for this child.   This child that belongs to God....there must be a way for me to help.

Meet the Karrick family.  This family lives in my hometown.  Their daughter is best friends with my daughter.   In the last six years, they have adopted three children from China.  They are an amazing family with a heart for adoption.  A few months ago, they saw Mariella's picture, they heard her story, and more importantly, they listened as God confirmed that they were to return to China to bring this little one home.  


They stepped out in faith and they are trusting God to bring Mariella to their family.  But the truth is...they can't do it alone.  Adoption is expensive and they need help.  The Karrick's are hoping to travel to China in March to bring Mariella home.  They need $2500 by the end of January in order to send their paperwork to China.

Not everyone can adopt.   Not everyone should adopt.  But God does call us to care for the orphans.   I can't help 143 million orphans, but I can help Mariella.   Please join me in supporting this family.  I know all of Heaven will rejoice when Mariella is safe, healthy, and finally HOME.

To help support the Karrick family, click here.



1 comment: